Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Technical difficulties!

Do you ever have a run where you feel okay but all your techie gear is just getting in your way?
Yesterday was that day! I felt awesome, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting some spring back in my step after two long weeks off of downtime, but it also felt like every five feet some gadget was messing up. These things are supposed to make running easier or more enjoyable not annoying!

First, Dupree kept insisting I wanted to run a 3 mile run. No, I wanted to do an open-ended mileage run, thank you. We finally settled on doing a 45:45 timed run. I don't know how we came to this compromise but we did. Throughout the run, Dupree also kept suggesting that I wanted to train with my virtual partner. I didn't. By the end of the run I was convinced that I still needed to consult my instruction booklet to get a better leash on Dupree.

Then, my earphones kept popping out of my ears. First one, then the other. These are new Skull Candy Smokin' buds. They got great reviews on this very issue. What gives, buds, what gives? I finally had to lace the cords up through my sports bra to keep them from pulling out of my ears. This happened on a neighborhood street outside a house. It was quite a show.

And finally, my shoe kept coming untied. This is a regular occurrence, it doesn't even bother me anymore, but I thought I'd mention it on the list of technical difficulties. If the truth is told, it never bothered me, but it has been the source of conversation amongst coaches, parents and teammates as to how it could be that my shoe could come untied so frequently. I've even been accused of tying it purposefully so that it would come UNTIED...who does that?

Anyways, about 2.5 miles into the run things seemed to have ironed themselves out and like I said I felt great. There is something to be said for running a little later in the day when the sun is setting. You start to feel fast and it's easy to lose yourself in the moment and just enjoy the run and how it feels to be running that course at that moment. Ended up running 5.71 miles in about 41 min. Not too shabby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment