Monday, January 3, 2011

Ah school...

Last night I set my alarm for a bright and early 6 am. I wake up to the radio in the morning, and I guess I didn't have the radio turned up loud enough, because at my normal 7 am, I popped out of bed, and had a mini heart attack!

Fortunately (unfortunately?) for me, I don't wake up to my iphone, which apparently is having some alarm issues

It happened to one of my friends at school, and it was a nice, ready made excuse you know. Although I also heard people were getting fired over their alarms. What kind of boss can't be understanding when there is an iPhone glitch? Okay, so that surgeon was late for that heart transplant...things happen! I kid, I kid. Thank goodness my friend was just late for the first day of class, and missed the syllabus.

Anyways, so yeah. I overslept. Thankfully, I had Mr. Snow to help out. I gently asked him to wake up and help out. Feed the cat, walk the dog, and be my morning barista.

Here is Mr. Snow, creating cappuccino art:

The Breville hard at work, making coffee and foaming milk
The yummy end product that skyrocketed me to school.

This afternoon I ran about 5 miles with my coach, and three running friends. I also got to run with a cattledog Mr. Snow and I took care of last year. It was really the highlight of the run, getting to see him again. I'd add a photo but I don't have one. Oh well, use your imagination.

After running, I learned the strength training I'm supposed to be doing that will help propel me from my average of 45-50 miles per week to an eventual 65 miles per week.

Wall sits
Hilarious skips (2 different sets)
Sit ups
Foot pushers
These are the technical terms for these exercises. I'll make it a goal to take some photos for my anxious readers who want to know what a 'Hilarious skip' looks like.

Technically it's also a goal to do these exercises 2 times a week. There is another set of exercises I'm supposed to do 2 other days a week. I'm still building up to that moment! It's one step at a time to excellence.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask what the heck a "hilarious skip" is. I hope they're entertaining!

    Jealous of your fancy coffee maker. I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete